Production Mill Hand
During these challenging times, Wetaskiwin Co-op and Country Junction Feeds remains committed to providing essential services to our community. To help us continue this important work, we are hiring a full-time production Mill Hand at our very busy North Edmonton Feed Mill facility located at 1818 121 Ave NE, Edmonton, AB.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Mill Hand is a self-motivated individual who has strong attention to detail. Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Loading and receiving product.
• Operating the pellet mill.
• Recording bin dip measurements.
• Regularly bending and twisting lifting up to 55 pounds.
• Shift work.
• Working with machines and computer systems to produce animal feed in a timely manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations, while meeting production targets.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Production, Trades and Maintenance and:
• You have a willingness to be coached and to learn.
• You’re familiar with working in a production environment.
• You have the ability to work in a team atmosphere with minimal supervision.
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Wetaskiwin Co-op and Country Junction Feeds are proud to offer a supportive working environment based on our Brand Values of Excellence, Integrity, Community and Service. We are pleased to offer the following:
• Full Benefits Plan including Extended Health Care, Dental, Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Family Assistance Program
• Competitive wages
• Employer matched Pension Plan
This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement (“CBA”) between The Wetaskiwin Co-op and Teamsters Local Union 987 of Alberta. In accordance with the terms of the CBA and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to pay union membership dues which will be deducted from your wage.
At Wetaskiwin Co-op, we take the health and well-being of our team members and customers seriously. We continue to take steps across all areas of our business and locations to keep our team members and customers safe and healthy.
Closing Date: May 14, 2021 @ 4:00pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wetaskiwin Co-op is an equal opportunity employer.