Country Junction Feeds a division of The Wetaskiwin Co-op, is hiring a full-time permanent Plant Electrician, working out of our busy feed mill facility located at 4707 40th Ave in Wetaskiwin, Alberta. The Plant Electrician will also provide support services to our other feed mill facilities including Canadian Nursette in Camrose and Cowlick Minerals in Innisfail.
What you’ll do:
The Plant Electrician is a self-motivated individual who has strong attention to detail. Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Install, inspect, alter, replace and/or repair various electrical systems and related equipment.
• Performing a variety of day-to-day maintenance tasks that primarily are electrical services but also including light carpentry, plumbing, painting, and greasing.
• Perform regular preventative maintenance.
• Regularly bending and twisting lifting up to 55 pounds.
• Participate in working On-Call.
• Assist in enforcing facility feed safety, HACCP, GMP, preventive control and related requirements.
• Notify management of any feed safety concerns.
• Knowledge of building systems, feed mill operations, and production operations will be an asset.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners and customers. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Production, Trades and Maintenance and:
• You are a Red Seal or Alberta Journeyman Electrician.
• You are comfortable with heights.
• You have a valid class 5 driving license.
• You’re familiar with working in a maintenance environment.
• You are motivated and hard working with a professional attitude.
• You have the ability to work in a team atmosphere with minimal supervision.
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Country Junction Feeds a division of The Wetaskiwin Co-op, is proud to offer a supportive working environment based on our Brand Values of Excellence, Integrity, Community and Service. Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, an employer contributed pension plan, and an employee family assistance program. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Closing Date: Tuesday October 3, 2023, at 4:00pm
Please submit resume and cover letter indicating position of interest to:
4707 – 40th Avenue Wetaskiwin, Alberta, T9A 2B8
Phone: 780 361 6171 Fax: 780-352-0297 Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Wetaskiwin Co-op is an equal opportunity employer.